Episode #2 is here!
We drove to Paderborn to have a little BBQ party with the Bloodwork guys and used this opportunity to record a podcast together with Nico who wrote all of the Bloodwork tunes, plays the lead guitar and also is responsible for the vocal section. Played in a lot of bands, Deadly Sin and Bloodwork are his latest projects. Bloodworks drummer Moritz had just finished his very own rehearsal space at his basement.
Listen to the episode here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2NZPCZLV8w
Watch the the vlog we filmed around the day of the podcast here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_ep2hGwpfw
Connect with Bloodwork
Homepage – http://www.bloodwork-metal.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/bloodworkmetal
Some of the topics we talk about in this episode:
- Playing the Wacken metal battle and the Wacken at 10 pm, Full Force open air festival, Summerbreeze festival 2008, how to get booked twice for Wacken
- Does Bloodwork still exist or are they just taking a break?
- The gatekeeper mechanic at festivals – who decides which band is playing on festivals?
- The role of labels in todays music business
- Buy in shows, pay to play
- The state of the music business
- Is knowing people/connections more powerful than being skilled?
- Break the ground festival
- Metal Hammer party
- Shitty gigs and big opportunities
- How to get noticed as a band
- Garage band
- Do bands have to play every shitshow they can until it gets better?
- Social media
- When is it time to stop with your band
- The importance of social media in the music business
- Big versus small shows
- Touring with Bloodwork 2013, zero fucks given
- Reviewing your shows on video to improve/get better
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Learning how to edit videos
- Vlogging as a band
- The difference in perspective between fans and musicians
- Metallica, James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Year and a half in the life of Metallica, Nothing else matters
- Pantera, vulgar videos